SPAWAR (now known as NAVWAR) is a U.S. Navy organization that provides technology to the military, but in some parts of the organization, employees and customers didn’t understand the strategic direction or how they fit in. In another part of the organization, which was created in a merger of three different Navy commands, employees were struggling with three different organizational identities.
In response, SPAWAR engaged Cason Lane. We brought multiple stakeholders to the table to articulate a new organizational identity and strategic direction; then we developed strategies for engaging employees in communicating that identity and direction to the Navy marketplace. As a result of our work, SPAWAR has improved employee productivity, due to better understanding of the strategic plan, while also improving customers’ understanding and perception of the organization’s services.
- Stakeholder research & assessment
- Consulting for senior management
- Internal and external communication strategy
- Value proposition and positioning
- Strategic messaging
- Leadership presentations to gain stakeholder buy-in
- Tactical planning
- Copy and creative direction
- Techniques for measuring effectiveness